RH:RP
Please register and join the action!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please register and join the action!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Brutal battle in history?

3 posters

Go down

Most Brutal battle in history? Empty Most Brutal battle in history?

Post  Rubberneck Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Post your battle that you thought was most gruesome in ALL of history. Honestly, I think IWO JIMA because it was an all terrain battle. They have footage of them raising the flag, and they even made a statue of that capture.

Most Brutal battle in history? Iwo-jima-picture

Most Brutal battle in history? 14267160

Most Brutal battle in history? Iwojima_redbeach_800

Also, post some historic pictures.

Rubberneck
Server Owner

Back to top Go down

Most Brutal battle in history? Empty Re:Battle of Stalingrad

Post  Winters Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:27 pm

I think the battle of Stalingrad was more brutal because the Germans raped Russian women and executed Russian Prisoners of War. The Russians did the same thing to the Germans. In overall more than 1 million casualties were inflicted wounded,killed in action and missing in action. A majority of Stalingrad was destroyed as well.

Most Brutal battle in history? 1z4935i

Most Brutal battle in history? 19v3fk

Winters
Winters
Admin

Back to top Go down

Most Brutal battle in history? Empty Re: Most Brutal battle in history?

Post  Chris Chili Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm

I think the battle of Gettysburg was the worst. The North and South fighting against each other to see who is right between the two of them. The South had very little medical supplies. If you were shot with one of those balls, you were either have an amputation of the limb (without medication, you were awake the whole time.), pull the bullet out and wrap it up ( which could cause infection), or have a fracture or shattered bone. This battle lasted 2-3 days, and within those 3 days there was 51,112 casualties (23,049 Union and 28,063 Confederate), and most of the bodies were just left in the battlefield and just rotted into the ground.

Most Brutal battle in history? 14436359

Most Brutal battle in history? 1-2-884-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0h5q3-a_349

Most Brutal battle in history? Battle-of-gettysburg
Chris Chili
Chris Chili

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubberneck Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Chris Chili wrote:I think the battle of Gettysburg was the worst. The North and South fighting against each other to see who is right between the two of them. The South had very little medical supplies. If you were shot with one of those balls, you were either have an amputation of the limb (without medication, you were awake the whole time.), pull the bullet out and wrap it up ( which could cause infection), or have a fracture or shattered bone. This battle lasted 2-3 days, and within those 3 days there was 51,112 casualties (23,049 Union and 28,063 Confederate), and most of the bodies were just left in the battlefield and just rotted into the ground.

I strongly disagree with you. At the time, the guns and bayonets were made poorly. Compared to the strongest and most brutal war in history, (WWII) it is really just a piece of dirt. (No disrespect to the ones that served in the battle of Gettysburg.)

Rubberneck
Server Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Chili Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Narcotics wrote:I strongly disagree with you. At the time, the guns and bayonets were made poorly. Compared to the strongest and most brutal war in history, (WWII) it is really just a piece of dirt. (No disrespect to the ones that served in the battle of Gettysburg.)

i am gonna have to disagree with u here. the guns are made poorly due to lack of technology. they had horrible aim. its the battle with the most deaths. and no medical skills or supplies. There was people getting their arms and legs getting sawed off without any painkillers. The open untreated wounds got infected by lead balls. even if u got a bandage around a wound half the time it is being reused. and the decomposing of bodies contaminates the food and water supplies in the area. which is why Fort Wagner in South Carolina was abandoned.
Chris Chili
Chris Chili

Back to top Go down

Most Brutal battle in history? Empty Re

Post  Winters Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I agree on Gettysburg it was possibly Americas's bloodiest day, but not most brutal in history. Gettysburg was a major turning point as well.
Winters
Winters
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rubberneck Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Chris Chili wrote:
Narcotics wrote:I strongly disagree with you. At the time, the guns and bayonets were made poorly. Compared to the strongest and most brutal war in history, (WWII) it is really just a piece of dirt. (No disrespect to the ones that served in the battle of Gettysburg.)

i am gonna have to disagree with u here. the guns are made poorly due to lack of technology. they had horrible aim. its the battle with the most deaths. and no medical skills or supplies. There was people getting their arms and legs getting sawed off without any painkillers. The open untreated wounds got infected by lead balls. even if u got a bandage around a wound half the time it is being reused. and the decomposing of bodies contaminates the food and water supplies in the area. which is why Fort Wagner in South Carolina was abandoned.

Ryan, you are mixing up with war experts here. Step aside.

Rubberneck
Server Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Chili Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 pm

ClassHop wrote:
Chris Chili wrote:

Ryan, you are mixing up with war experts here. Step aside.

even nick agrees
Chris Chili
Chris Chili

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum